Study Abroad and Overseas U.S. Institution Transcripts
Modified on: Tue, 3 May, 2016 at 8:22 AM
HOW TO REPORT STUDY ABROAD COURSEWORK
NEW! The procedure for reporting Study Abroad coursework has changed since last cycle. Please go through the checklist below to determine how to report your Study Abroad coursework.
1. STUDY VIA AN OVERSEAS U.S. INSTITUTION:
- Did you study at any of the schools on our Overseas U.S. Institutions List? (you can view this list further down this page) If so:
- Report the school from the list and list your coursework under the overseas school. You will then select these courses as Study Abroad during “Review and Finalize my Transcripts” process.
- A transcript sent to VMCAS directly from the overseas U.S. Institution isREQUIRED.
- Common schools that fall under this category: RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF LONDON and JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY
2. STUDY VIA ANOTHER U.S. INSTITUTION:
Did you use another U.S. school’s program to study abroad, or study via Semester At Sea, SIT or a CEA study abroad program in their Global Campus Network? If so:
- Report the U.S. school whose program you attended, and list your coursework under this U.S. school. You will then select these courses as Study Abroad during“Review and Finalize my Transcripts” process.
- A transcript sent to VMCAS directly from the U.S. school is REQUIRED.
- COMMON SCHOOLS that fall under this category: ARCADIA UNIVERSITY, BUTLER UNIVERSITY, UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA (Semester at Sea), UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN (CEA Global Campus Network), and SIT (School for International Training).
3. STUDY VIA A STUDY ABROAD COMPANY, DIRECTLY VIA YOUR UNDERGRADUATE INSTITUTION OR ANY OTHER METHOD:
These courses should be listed with the rest of your undergraduate work at the home institution at which you were enrolled during your study abroad. You mist add the phrase “Study Abroad” to the title of each Study Abroad course entered. During the Review and Finalize step, please also select “Study Abroad” for these courses. No additional transcripts or evaluations should be submitted for these courses. Do NOT report your study abroad school as a foreign institution.
NOTE: VMCAS no longer recognizes study abroad company transcripts. If you studied abroad via a company such as IES, ISA, CIEE, DIS, etc., please use option #3 above to determine how to properly report your study abroad coursework.
Q: I accidentally sent my foreign or company transcript to VMCAS. Can VMCAS return it to me or forward it to my veterinary program?
A: NO. Under no circumstances can VMCAS forward your company foreign transcript to a third party, including returning it to you. Any foreign transcripts received by VMCAS will be shredded and destroyed.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.