Completing the Application
Before your application goes in line to be verified by our staff, it must have a status of “Materials Recieved > Verifying”. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all materials are received by VMCAS and follow up regarding any materials which are missing. VMCAS will NOT notify you that your application remains incomplete or that items are missing.
In order to have a status of “Complete” the following things must occur:
NOTE: For detailed instructions on how to track your documents and understand your statuses, please see the “Application Status and Notifications” section of our instructions.
MY APPLICATION IS COMPLETE BUT NOT VERIFIED. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Your application is placed in line to be reviewed by our verification staff and have your GPA calculated. Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis by the date your application became “complete”. You will know your application is in line to be verified when your application status changes to “Materials Received > Verifying”. It can take as many as four weeks for your application to reach the head of the verification line to be verified.
Q: What materials do I need to complete my VMCAS application?
A: You must have the following to complete your VMCAS application:
- A VMCAS application submitted to at least one program
- Fee payment. You must pay for at lest one program submission. VMCAS requires a credit card for payment
- A minimum of three VMCAS evaluations listed on the application. Completed evaluations are also due on September 15, 2016 11:59pm EST. You may submit a maximum of six electronic evaluations.
- Transcripts. You must have an official transcript from each post secondary college you’ve attended sent to VMCAS.
Q: Can VMCAS expedite my application?
Q: How can I help my application move through the process quickly and efficiently?
A: Follow these recommendations to help make the application process as efficient as possible:
- Submit your application early!
- Read the entire Instructions and FAQ.
- Verify that you have submitted all materials well before the deadline.
- Make sure that your supplemental applications and test scores are sent to your designated programs and not to VMCAS.
- Read the schools’ descriptor pages and our Helpful Hints section.
- Keep in close contact with your evaluators; encourage them to submit their evaluations early and confirm that your evaluations have been submitted on time.